Laguiole France Jean Neron Carving Set
Laguiole cutlery was originally crafted by Jean Neron in France in 1829 and his descendants have continued production with the same respect for tradition and quality. Their products can be recognised by the trademark ‘bee’ on each handle. Beware of poor quality imitations from Asia, customers deserve the best.
Laguiole is actually the name of a village in the Aubrac Mountains of the Aveyron region of France. The symbol of the bee is famously known to have been passed on to the village of Laguiole by Napoleon himself, to signify his approval and recommendation of their knives after he was delivered one as a gift.
|THE BLADE||Forged out of 440 steel, the blade is very strong, very cutting and never goes rusty. Some notches on the top of the blade prevent the index from slipping.|
|THE HANDLE||The material can be chosen (horn, wood, stamina…) and is always finely worked. The feeling of the handle is very important, so a Laguiole’s owner appreciates wood warmth, particular sensation of horn, and so on…|
|DECORATION||There is a cross on the side of the handle. It’s name is the Three Bishops Cross. In the past, Aubrac peasants stuck their knife in the earth so as to pray in front of the cross. Over and under the handle, the brass part is decorated with notches and the upper spring is carved. At the top of the handle, the fly rests, representing Aubrac cows herds flies. (Nowadays, there is a discussion about the nature of this symbol : some people say it is a fly and others say it is a bee).|
- Carving set in gift box
- Strenghened handles, dishwasher safe
- Available in black and ivory
|Carving Set (Colour)||
- Moisture transfer – easily absorbs and releases moisture, moving perspiration away from the skin
- Lustre – brilliant colors that resist fading by time or hard wear.
- Lightweight – Alpaca's smooth fibres can be made into fabrics that have a cooling effect; it is ideal for summer garments.
Quintessentially EnglishYouthful and exuberant, this set of four Mugs are wonderfully crafted in fine bone china, and combine everyday form and function with intricate detailing, vibrant colors and a classic floral motif.
Ideal For Any SituationThe Cabernet / Merlot glass from Riedel's O stemless series impresses with its modern design that fits wherever you need it to, whether it's in the dishwasher, the picnic basket, minibar or kitchenette.
Geometrically PerfectProduced in non-lead crystal this amazing line contains several tabletop styles that will enhance your tabletop with either a single piece or several. Beautiful giftable items to give or to receive, arrive in gift boxes for all your special occasion gift-giving needs.
- Content: 1x Cook's knife, 1x meat knife, 1x utility knife
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.