Laguiole France Jean Neron Carving Set
Laguiole cutlery was originally crafted by Jean Neron in France in 1829 and his descendants have continued production with the same respect for tradition and quality. Their products can be recognised by the trademark ‘bee’ on each handle. Beware of poor quality imitations from Asia, customers deserve the best.
Laguiole is actually the name of a village in the Aubrac Mountains of the Aveyron region of France. The symbol of the bee is famously known to have been passed on to the village of Laguiole by Napoleon himself, to signify his approval and recommendation of their knives after he was delivered one as a gift.
|THE BLADE||Forged out of 440 steel, the blade is very strong, very cutting and never goes rusty. Some notches on the top of the blade prevent the index from slipping.|
|THE HANDLE||The material can be chosen (horn, wood, stamina…) and is always finely worked. The feeling of the handle is very important, so a Laguiole’s owner appreciates wood warmth, particular sensation of horn, and so on…|
|DECORATION||There is a cross on the side of the handle. It’s name is the Three Bishops Cross. In the past, Aubrac peasants stuck their knife in the earth so as to pray in front of the cross. Over and under the handle, the brass part is decorated with notches and the upper spring is carved. At the top of the handle, the fly rests, representing Aubrac cows herds flies. (Nowadays, there is a discussion about the nature of this symbol : some people say it is a fly and others say it is a bee).|
- Carving set in gift box
- Strenghened handles, dishwasher safe
- Available in black and ivory
|Carving Set (Colour)||
- Made using chemical free Canterbury Artesian water.
- Content: 6 coffee spoons, 6 cake forks, 1 cake server. Length: 16.0| 13.5 | 23.0 cm.
- Material: Cromargan® stainless steel 18/10 polished. Rust-free, dishwasher safe, dimensionally stable, sanitary, acid resistant and indestructible.
- Perfect for all types of fruit including sweets and desserts
- For cutting and serving cakes and pies. Fine teeth cut the pieces smoothly.
Beautifully SentimentalEnjoy a nice cup of tea with your friends with this delightful Pink Friendship Mug adorned with darling blooms and butterflies. Colour also available in white, green and turquoise.
- Material: Forged blade made of rust-free and acid resistant speciality blade steel. Long lasting sharpness thanks to the hardened blade. Handle without grooves made of high-quality rust-free Cromargan® stainless steel.
- Performance Cut technology: Combination of traditional forging processes with state-of-the-art precision technology for extraordinary long lasting sharpness.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfectly balanced weight of blade and handle for comfortable handling. Jointless workmanship makes it perfectly sanitary - no noticeable transitions between blade, guard and handle. Cleaning the knife: Hand-wash.